Monday, December 15, 2014

A Lost Hope

     He stared at her from the far side of the theater. Is she serious? She didn't care what he thought. 
She refused to sit next to him and be pressured. Her fingers clung to the collar of her shirt as she tried not to lose her mind in front of everyone. Should I just go ahead and do it? I don't want him angry at me. Every head in the theater was turned to the screen, enjoying the movie. It's not like they are watching us. I will do this, for him. She turned around. He was gone.
     What did I do?! She quietly made her way out of the theater and out into the hall. There were people going left and right all around her. The smell of buttery popcorn filled the theater. On the far wall to the right of her, there he was leaning against the wall tapping away on his phone. She slowly walked up to him. He didn't notice her standing right next to him. "I'm sorry," she started, "I'm just not comfortable doing things around a lot of people." He put his phone in his pocket before adding his hands. "Look, I don't mean to come off the wrong way, but this isn't working out." "Wait, what?" "I'm sorry," he said, before he kissed her lips and walked away. She stood there. She stood there and stared at the wall. Her heart was so heavy, as if gravity would fall and crush her right there. It's all my fault! If I wasn't so scared! Her breathing deepened and she knew what was happening. She didn't want to cry in front of the random people, but there was nothing holding her tears back. She put her back against the wall, hugged herself, and closed her eyes.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment