Sunday, May 10, 2015

Gone From Life

    In a field of bright, colorful roses the sun sat handsomely in the sky warming all of the land. I walk through a field feeling the mushy flowers underneath my feet.
     From tall trees fell a colorful, bright material. They blew along with the breeze and crowded upon my hair. What was serious was that I was alone. In such a beautiful world, I was still seemingly depressed, until I heard a heavenly voice sing a song. The wind became cool, I thought I was alone.
     I smiled and decided to follow the wondrous tune. As I got closer the voice became more victorious, then it went completely mute. Full of curiosity I stood by a tree trunk, looking around for any clues to who was singing. I mimicked the song I heard with a light tune and wasn't aware that I remembered it only after hearing it once. It came again and I felt a devilish heat behind me. I turned around to see a glorious boy. He looked down at me with a smile on his face as if he found my curiosity amusing. He began singing a song so valuable to my heart. My once naughty soul was now lured into heaven by his beautiful song. It wasn't a cowardly gesture when I began harmonizing his lyrics. The wind was cool, I thought I was alone.
     His piercing gaze was as sharp as a knife, he grabbed my hand and pulled me close. I was actually nervous then, as he placed a red rose behind my ear, he spoke, "I'll be with you in your heart and you'll be in mine." I found him madly attractive as he held my head against his chest.

     I open my eyes to realize it was only a dream, day nine of his death. I'm in my bed at home thinking about our high-pitched voices creating an unrealistic dream. I sit back against my bedroom wall, thinking about the boy in general. My thoughts were hushed as I didn't realize until then that in front of me lay a red rose. I think of the same boy from my dreams, the one I need most, the one I want most, will I ever receive a third rose so I can tell him I love him? As tears run down my big, sorrowful face, I hold the rose to my heart and quietly sing his song. I close my screeching eyes and imagine the place of my dream. My quiet moans as he stands there and holds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment